The tour starts and ends outside Visit Belfast Tourist Office (opposite the City Hall),
9 Donegall Square North, Belfast BT1 5GB
Discover where it all began on the Game of Thrones Winterfell Tour from Belfast. Visit locations that have featured in all 8 seasons of GOT on the unique adventure through Westeros. With a local guide by your side, learn how Northern Ireland has been vital in bringing the Seven Kingdoms to life.
From €58 per person
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
Starting your tour in Belfast City Centre, you will be greeted by your tour guide. Having appeared on the show themselves, they will be able to fill you in on insider knowledge throughout the day ahead.
From here you will first stop at the site of Robb Stark’s camp. It was here that he gathered his army after his father’s death. On this site is the 12th-century Inch Abbey. Eagle-eyed GOT fans will recognize it as the ruin where Robb was crowned King in the North.
Tollymore Forest is the next stop. This is one of the first locations ever to be shown on the TV series. The show opens here, where we see a group of Wildings being chased and killed by White Walkers. On a happier note, this is also the place where the Starks find a litter of direwolf pups that become companions to each Stark child. And that’s not the last time that direwolves will be mentioned on this tour.
After grabbing lunch at a traditional Irish pub, where you can eat like a king on local produce, you will get a chance to meet some direwolves in person. Odin and Thor, who played two of the Starks’ canine companions, will be available for photographs… and cuddles. Just try not to get too starstruck.
The last stop on this tour brings you to Castle Ward Estate. This 18th-century mansion doubles up as the stronghold of Winterfell. An iconic GOT location, it’s the perfect place to get some fun souvenir photos. Your guide will even provide you with some costumes and props to make it even more authentic.
The Game of Thrones Winterfell Tour from Belfast allows you to follow in the footsteps of your favourite characters, while also dressing like them! This is a fun, adventure-filled experience that makes a great day out for any GOT fan!