Revel in cinematic history on the Hero and Superhero Film Locations Walking Tour. Discover the sites around England’s capital that have featured in your favourite movies.
For decades, London has been a prime location for movies of all different genres. Its many buildings, streets and parks have been used as versatile backdrops and settings. From high-speed chase sequences to emotional romantic scenes, this city has seen them all. Now you have the chance to visit these locations and experience the movie magic for yourself.
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
- Visit filming locations depicting iconic scenes from more than 30 films
- Visit film locations featured in Edge of Tomorrow, Wonder Woman, Fantastic Four amongst many others
- Get insight into the making of films with behind the scenes facts and trivia
- See and learn about London’s major landmarks
- Get a picture outside the Gotham City courthouse
See some of the most iconic settings from the silver screen.
London has been the base for countless cinematic storylines. Its history and breath-taking beauty help to build spectacular worlds around fictional characters. Many of the city’s landmarks also feature in these stories, whether as part of important plot points or just showing up in the background.
On the tour, you will visit famous buildings and monuments throughout the city, such as Trafalgar Square, the Tower of London, and the London Eye. All of which have appeared in franchises like Harry Potter, James Bond and many more.
And it’s not just the huge blockbusters that make use of London’s scenery either. The Bridget Jones movies filmed many of their scenes in and around the Borough area of the city. Notting Hill did the same with…well, Notting Hill. And, one of the best low budget shots of Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament appears in Danny Boyle’s 28 Days Later. The production crew had to film at 4.00hrs on multiple summer mornings in order to get a shot of Westminster Bridge without any traffic.
And those are just locations that are set in London!
The city has also been used to represent St. Petersburg, Switzerland, and even Gotham City! On the London Filming Locations Walking Tour, your guide will be sure to show you all of the parts of London that feature as another place. Both real and fictional.
Tom Cruise is no stranger to filming in this English city, bringing action and adventure along with him. Locations like Buckingham Palace and Tower Bridge are seen in a number of his movies. These include Edge of Tomorrow and Mission Impossible. Tower Bridge even makes an appearance in the Fast and Furious franchise, Tomb Raider, and The Mummy Returns.
Other notable sites are St. Paul’s Cathedral, which featured in Mary Poppins. The Natural History Museum facilitates the fun in Paddington. And who could forget when Millenium Bridge got destroyed in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? Even the Tube and its stations are filming favourites. You can spot them in movies like Love Actually, Thor: The Dark World, and even Star Wars: Rouge One.
With so many famous and interesting sites to see, this really is a great way to explore London.