Explore the picturesque locations of Queenstown, Glenorchy and Arrowtown on the Lord of the Rings – One Day in Middle-earth Tour and discover where Gladden Fields, Ford of Bruinen, Pillars of the Kings, Isengard, Amon Hen, Lothlorien Forest and Ithilien were filmed.
Travel deep into Middle-earth and visit the landscape that inspired Peter Jackson’s film locations for The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Local knowledgeable guides compliment this family operated business, making for a true New Zealand experience with small personalized groups and a delicious lunch to satisfy even a Hobbit.
From €116 per person
- Explore Gladden Fields, Ford of Bruinen, the Argonath, Ithilien, Isengard, Amon Hen and the Misty Mountains in one day
- Handle and photograph 15,000 NZD worth of weapons and costumes
- Explore the unique flora and fauna and get up close to animals and birdlife.
- Entertaining and Knowledgeable guides. Your guide will help you relive the action for your camera
- Travel in small groups for a personal and interactive experience
In the morning, we travel to locations used for filming the Lord of the Rings trilogy around Queenstown. See and experience some of the spectacular landscapes featured in the films such as The Argonath (Pillars of the King), the Ford of Bruinen and the Gladden Fields.
Our knowledgeable guides will share information about each location and help uncover the secrets behind how each area was transformed into Middle-earth. Relive the action for your own camera before we return to Queenstown to enjoy a wonderful restaurant lunch.
In the afternoon, journey with us deep into Middle-earth, visiting Ithilien, Isengard, Amon Hen and The Misty Mountains! Stories and secrets will be shared by guides who have great insight into the filming.
Experience some of the world’s most spectacular scenery in the Mt Aspiring World Heritage Park and along New Zealand’s most scenic highway. You will come away with the most amazing photos.