Hop on the New York Classic Film Tour for this one-of-a-kind sightseeing tour of the Big Apple and explore the most filmed city in the world! We’ve selected the best movie sites around Manhattan to share with you in person and in movie clips. You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at some of your favorite classic films set in New York City, as your guide entertains, informs and quizzes you with trivia questions while showcasing over 60 filming locations!
Not only will you get a taste of New York film history, you’ll receive a great sightseeing tour of Manhattan. By indoor bus with air condition in the summer and heat in the winter, we’ll take you to neighborhoods rich with history, where some of the most iconic films of all time were made.
From €395 per group
Covid-19 safety measures
Your safety is our top priority!
Although there are no known cases of illnesses at On Location Tours, we are responsible for keeping an active stance in preventing the spread of any diseases.
We are following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention along with Federal and State guidelines on stopping the spread. If you are feeling unwell, we kindly ask that you stay home for the safety of all customers and staff attending the tour.
Customer & Staff Protection
The daily washing and disinfecting of our vehicles encompassing the exterior and interior is standard operating procedure to ensure customers feel safe and secure.
- All high touch areas are wiped clean and disinfected including headrests, armrests, grab handles, luggage compartments, railings, windows, and window sills.
- The cabin floors are swept and mopped thoroughly, and the restroom is wiped down and disinfected.
- An air-borne germ-eliminating spray is administered inside our vehicles.
- Advanced hand sanitizer that kills more than 99.99% of common germs is provided to all customers.
- Our buses are equipped with upgraded filtration systems, a driver partition screen, and an electrostatic disinfectant fogging system that is FDA and EPA approved.
- See the Empire State Building, featured in King Kong
- Shop at the market showcased in Manhattan and You’ve Got Mail
- Stroll past Holly Golightly’s apartment from Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Take pictures where Marilyn Monroe’s skirt flew up in The Seven Year Itch
- Go on location to Grand Central Terminal, seen in North by Northwest and The Godfather
- Match Central Park filming locations to movie clips from Thomas Edison Shorts to Ghostbusters
See Columbus Circle, Lincoln Center and the Upper West Side, hop off at Zabar’s, the well-known market place, featured in You’ve Got Mail and the famous Dakota Building, home to Yoko Ono that can be seen in films like Hannah and Her Sisters and Rosemary’s Baby. As you make your way to the Upper East Side, you’ll cross through Central Park, learning about dozens of films set here, including the very first motion picture made in New York City.
The sights don’t end there, the tour continues down the east side of Manhattan where you’ll stop for a photo-op in front of Holly Golighty’s apartment from Breakfast at Tiffany’s before you discover hidden neighborhoods, like Sutton Place to experience a fantastic view of the Queensboro Bridge you’ll recognize from Woody Allen’s Manhattan.
As you head downtown on this TCM bus tour, you’ll pass locations that have set the scene for countless films, like the Plaza Hotel, FAO Schwarz, Tiffany’s, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building and much more before ending your journey at the famous Grand Central Terminal.
The New York Classic Film Tour is the perfect escape for movie fans, but also a great way to see how much, and how little, Manhattan has changed.
* In an effort to stay current, we are constantly updating our tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on our site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please let your tour guide know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.