Reisen Sie auf der Call the Midwife-Tour in die Geschichte zurück. Werfen Sie einen Blick hinter die Kulissen der erfolgreichen TV-Serie auf einem Rundgang, der vom eigentlichen Produktionsteam organisiert wurde.
Seit der ersten Staffel im Jahr 2012 ist die Popularität von Call the Midwife in die Höhe geschossen. Die Show hat jetzt neun Staffeln, Weihnachtsspecials und sogar ein Hit-Album produziert und zieht ein großes internationales Publikum an. Auf dieser Tour erfahren Sie, wo die Serie zum Leben erweckt wird.
Ab €33 pro Person
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
- Erleben Sie die offizielle Call the Midwife-Tour, die Ihnen von den Machern der Show organisiert wurde, und erkunden Sie die Drehorte.
- Sehen Sie hinter den Kulissen Fotos, originelle Requisiten und Kostüme
- Gehen Sie die Straßen entlang, passieren Sie Slums und Lagerhäuser, in denen die Hebammen Rad fahren, um den vielen werdenden Müttern bei der Geburt zu helfen
- Hören Sie Anekdoten und Geschichten über die Dreharbeiten zur Hit-Show
- Erleben Sie die historische Werft vor oder nach der Tour auf eigene Faust ohne zusätzliche Kosten
Explore the filming locations that will transport you back to 1950s England.
While Call the Midwife is set in London, Chatham Dockyard in Kent is its main filming location. The site spans over 30 hectares, and comprises of over 100 buildings and structures dating back to Georgian and Victorian eras. These features make it the perfect home for the popular period drama. From cobbled streets to leafy parks to the interior shots of characters‘ houses, all can be found on this location.
On this tour, you will get the chance to see all the sites from Poplar Dock, the East End area where the TV show is set. One of these is the exterior of the hospital where countless births have taken place. There’s also the waterside areas that stand in for the Thames dockside, and even Dr Turner’s office.
Some parts of Chatham Dockyard are even named after the Call the Midwife characters that passed through it. As you stroll through the lanes and streets you’ll be sure to walk out onto ‚Chummy’s Hill‘. Staff at the dockyard named it this in honour of Miranda Hart’s much-loved character Camilla “Chummy” Browne. In a memorable scene from the show, Chummy loses control of her bicycle on this hill. As a result, she crashes into PC Noakes.
While traversing the world of pregnancy and childbirth, you will be in the safe hands of one of the site’s expert ‚midwife‘ tour guides.
Along with guiding you through the streets of Poplar, they will also fill you in on some insider stories from behind the scenes. Like how minced beef was a vital part of one of the more memorable birthing scenes.
They’ll also show you some authentic props used for filming. Like the prosthetic babies that stand in for real-life newborns. And even the production’s collection of prop umbilical cords. They come in all shapes and sizes to suit every different baby.
Because so much of the TV show is filmed Chatham Dockyard, the Call the Midwife Tour gives fans a complete picture of their favourite TV show. With friendly, informative staff, and so many recognisable locations, it is a truly unique experience.