Clarence House was built by George IV’s favourite architect John Nash in 1827. The Palace was the home of the Queen Mother from 1953 to 2002. Since then, it has been the official residence of the Prince of Wales, Charles and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla. Clarence House is open to visitors only during August.
In season 1, episode 8 of The Crown, the Duke of Edinburgh is responsible for remodelling Clarence House whilst newly crowned Queen Elizabeth was trying to adapt to her new role as Queen after her father George VI. Camilla was mainly on the screen in season 3, episode 9.