Doctor Who Cardiff Locations Walking Tour
From Gallifrey to Wales, retrace the steps of your favourite Time Lord with the Doctor Who Cardiff Locations Walking Tour. Re-live some of the Doctor’s best adventures with this fun and informative stroll around a beautiful city!
Since returning to the screens in 2005, much of the filming of Doctor Who has been based in Cardiff. The production team have used the city’s buildings and settings to create numerous locations based on Earth and throughout the universe! With a Doctor Who expert as your guide, you will see the sites of over 30 memorable scenes on this tour.
From €18 per person
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
- Enter the church where the Donna Noble is kidnapped by the Doctor just before her wedding
- See more than 30 Doctor Who filming locations used in the show since 2005
- Stand where Clara speaks on her mobile phone to the Doctor (Matt Smith) in Deep Breath
- Learn how Cardiff has been transformed into 1970's New York, ancient Pompeii, London and Paris, as well intergalactic locations
Locations throughout Cardiff have appeared in over 20 Doctor Who episodes!
However, many of these play the role of other parts of the world (and other worlds). One of these is St. John’s Church in Cardiff City Centre. In the episode The Runaway Bride, it doubled as St. Mary’s Church in Chiswick, where Donna Noble has her wedding. Unfortunately, her plans are derailed when, as she walks down the aisle, the TARDIS abducts her.
This tour also makes a stop at Cardiff Castle. This 2,000-year-old fortress regularly acts as a venue for events and concerts. But for Doctor Who, and the spin-off show Torchwood, it offered the perfect backdrop for many different episodes. Most notably you can see it in the series 6 two-parter The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People, and the Christmas special The Snowmen. The Blaidd Drwg project also nearly destroyed it in the episode Boom Town. Thankfully Christopher Eccleston’s Ninth Doctor put a stop to that!
You’ll also get to visit one of the first filming locations to feature in the rebooted Doctor Who: House of Fraser on St. Mary’s Street. The exterior of this building was used to create Henrik’s, the department store where Rose Tyler works in the Ninth Doctor’s very first episode. That is until the Doctor blows it up to rid it of an Auton threat.
And there are plenty of other locations throughout the Cardiff that you will have the chance to get up close and personal with. Like the road where a milk float hits and kills Danny Pink. Or the National Museum of Wales, which has been used to create scenes in many places, on many planets.
The Doctor Who Cardiff Locations Walking Tour not only brings you through ONE amazing city. It is an opportunity for all Whovians to explore scenes from New York, ancient Pompeii, London, Paris, and all manner of intergalactic settings. And you don’t even need a TARDIS to do it!
There are no reviews yet.