Discover London’s sci-fi secrets with the Doctor Who London Locations Walking Tour. Follow in the footsteps of the Doctors, past and future, and uncover their countless adventures throughout England’s capital city.
This tour gives you the opportunity to see, close-up, the locations and settings that have been integral to the Time Lord’s stories over the years. It also allows you to explore the hustle and bustle of this amazing city at a relaxed and easy pace.
From €18 per person
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
- See where the Doctor rode an anti-gravity motorbike up London's tallest building
- Visit the site where the Cybermen invade London in Dark water and Death in Heaven
- Learn about Doctor's adventures in London as well as learning other interesting facts about the historic British capital city
- Get a picture in front of the transmitter for the Nestene Consciousness’s signal in the episode Rose
The Doctor Who London Locations Walking Tour takes in the most iconic locations from throughout the TV series.
One of the stops on this tour will be St. Paul’s Cathedral, which has been a hub of Cybermen activity for many years. It first featured in the episode The Invasion in the late 60s, when the Cybermen tried to take over London. One of the iconic scenes from this episode sees the robotic aliens march slowly down the cathedral steps. This shot was recreated in the 2014 episodes Dark Water and Death in Heaven when a hoard of Cybermen emerged from a tomb inside St. Paul’s itself.
You’ll also visit The Shard. (It’s London’s tallest building after all, so it’s pretty hard to miss!) This skyscraper played a pivotal role in the episode The Bells of St John. It was from here that The Great Intelligence controlled the Spoonheads. The Doctor also drove up the side of it on an anti-gravity motorbike.
Staying with the taller parts of London’s skyline, this tour will also visit the London Eye. It featured in Christopher Eccleston’s first adventure as the Doctor. This giant Ferris wheel made the perfect transmitter for the Nestene Consciousness, the hive mind that tried to take over London.
And that’s not all. You’ll get to see Westminster Bridge, where the Daleks invaded Earth during the reign of the First Doctor, back in 1964. There’s also the Globe Theatre, where the Doctor and Martha Jones met William Shakespeare. And, to make sure you keep your Doctor Who knowledge sharp, your guide will quiz you with fun trivia questions as you go.
The Doctor Who London Locations Walking Tour combines an adventure through one of the world’s most famous cities with the very best in Whovian sightseeing. It is a unique and fun experience that all humans and Time Lords can enjoy!