The Crown Walking Tour of London is a two hour guided tour of filming locations for the hit Netflix show including royal palaces, private clubs and iconic sites.
The Crown Tour of London allows you to explore the lives and the world of HM The Queen and Prince Phillip. Over the course of four seasons, the two key characters were played by Claire Foy, Matt Smith, Olivia Coleman and Tobias Menzies and on this fascinating walking tour, you will get to see many of the filming and real-life locations up close.
From €145 per person
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
- See over 10 filming locations from the hit show
- See real-life Royal houses such as St James's Palace as well as Buckingham Palace
- Get behind-the-scenes anecdotes on how the show is made
- Get an insight into the lives of the Royals with plenty of stories about the real royal family
Starting at Temple tube station and finishing outside Buckingham Palace, the tour will take you through areas of London including Middle Temple, The Strand, Trafalgar Square, The Mall, St James and of course the Jewel in the Crown of royal London locations – Buckingham Palace. On the way, you will learn about how the series was made, and how “The Crown” has captured the hearts of so many people including, if rumours are to be believed, the Queen herself.
You will also explore some of the differences between the real-life events and people that inspired the series and their Crown counterparts. You will learn how filming was required to work around the restrictions of the royal household, (where discretion is always the better part of valour), the Royal Palaces (where only news and documentary crews may go) and how London has changed since Queen Elizabeth II took to the throne in 1952.
As part of the tour, you will see where the Queen and Prince Phillip arrived at a Norman Wisdom event, where ‘Porchey’ proposes to Jean Wendell and the Suez Canal protest. Plus you’ll see Margaret at the Ambassador’s Ball, Lord Mountbatten’s London Home, the real and on-screen depiction of Clarence House, the restaurant location where Diana met Camilla for the first time and much more.
The Crown Tour will end at the home of the Queen at Buckingham Palace located not far from Victoria station and several restaurants to enjoy some fine dining.