Track down the modern incarnation of a classic character on the BBC Sherlock London Locations Tour by Black Taxi. Discover Holmes’ London in the comfort of his favoured mode of transport.
Sherlock Holmes is a British icon whose adventures have graced page and screen for more than a century. Introducing an updated version of the famous character in 2010, the BBC’s Sherlock brought a contemporary twist to the beloved detective. In doing so, they showed fans—old and new—how Holmes’ well-worn skills of deduction can be applied to the modern world.
From €366 per vehicle
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
- See where Toby the Dog leads Sherlock, Watson and Mary in the pursuit of Ajay and learn how a Dog isn’t always a man or woman’s best friend
- Learn how Sherlock faked his own death at Europe’s oldest hospital
- Visit one of London’s quirkiest landmarks and see a selection of real graffiti art
- Finish the tour at the location used as 221B Baker Street
- Enjoy the tour in a traditional London Black Taxi which Sherlock himself uses in the show
Now you can re-live Sherlock’s modern adventures.
Led by your expert tour guide and driver, you’ll have the chance to see all the locations made famous by this hit TV series! Along the way, they’ll fill you in on some fun facts about the characters and their adventures. You might even get the inside scoop on some behind-the-scenes stories from the set.
London is the home to many Sherlock Holmes-related secrets and settings. Thankfully, you won’t need to be a renowned detective to find them here. You’ll visit iconic locations, like St. Bart’s Hospital. The oldest hospital in Europe, this is where Holmes and Watson meet for the first time in the BBC pilot episode. This scene actually mimics the original Sherlock Holmes story, A Study in Scarlet, written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in 1887. St. Bart’s also holds the honour of being the location where Sherlock meets his untimely death…sort of.
Another location that is referenced in both the books and the TV series is the Diogenes Club. This fictional gentleman’s club is where Sherlock goes to meet his brother Mycroft. In real life, the building that features as this upper-class establishment is the British Academy on Carlton Terrace.
The BBC Sherlock London Locations Tour by Black Taxi will also take you to modern locations, unique to the TV series. Like the South Bank Skate Park. Sherlock and Watson come here to study some cryptic graffiti in the episode The Blind Banker. Here you’ll be able to enjoy some of the work of London’s upcoming street artists. Also featuring in the same episode is London’s Chinatown. This colourful and vibrant area is a great place to grab a few photos!
The final stop on this tour is possibly the most important one of them all: North Gower Street. Fans may not recognise the name, but some elementary deduction will show you that this is the real-life location of Baker Street. Here you’ll get to stand outside the front door of 221b, Holmes’ base of operations. You might even be able to grab a coffee and a sandwich in Speedy’s Cafe next door. The perfect way to finish off your day of sleuthing!