Downton Abbey Walking Tour of London
Explore historic city streets on the Downton Abbey Walking Tour of London. On this leisurely stroll around England’s capital, discover some famous filming locations and re-live many iconic scenes from your favourite period drama.
While Downton Abbey is set in the Yorkshire countryside, many areas of London were used to film its city-based storylines. The streets and buildings here not only represented the capital, but were also used to recreate parts of Liverpool and York too.
From €18 per person
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
- See the exterior of Grantham House where we meet Uncle Harold for the first time
- See where Lady Rose throws all caution to the wind when she is spotted on a date with the jazz singer, Jack Ross
- Admire the park where Daisy shares her new found love of art
- Locations from Series 5 including the hotel where Lady Mary and Lord Gillingham have their secret liaison
On the Downton Abbey Walking Tour London, you’ll have the chance to see all of your favourite locations.
Revisit some of the happy moments from the show. Like the filming location of The Lotus Club, where Lady Rose dances with jazz singer Jack Ross. The Savile Club (which is the actual name above the door) boasts many more claims to fame than just Downton Abbey. HG Wells, Thomas Hardy and Rudyard Kipling were all once regular members of the club.
You’ll also pass by The Criterion. This high-class restaurant in Picadilly Circus is where Michael Gregson wined and dined Lady Edith. And not to forget The National Gallery, where Cora and Simon Bricker admired the paintings of Piero della Francesca.
But not all of the Crawley’s trips to the city were happy ones, and your guide will also point out some of the sadder storylines that unfolded on these streets. You will get to follow in the footsteps of Anna, as she retraced Mr Bate’s movements, and follow Lady Edith’s path when she learns she is pregnant.
And there are many other spectacular sites to take in too. Many of which are full of their own interesting history. See 35 Belgrave Square, which doubles up as Grantham House, the home of Lady Rosamund Painswick. Or The National Liberal Club, where Lady Mary secretly meets up with Tony Gillingham, telling her family that she is attending a ‘sketching tour’.
The Downton Abbey Walking Tour London offers a fun and relaxing way of exploring the world of the Crawleys and their staff. What’s more, it lets you not only discover not only the fictional, but the real-life history of this great city! And, it’s suitable for lords, ladies, and servants of all ages!
There are no reviews yet.