Uncover Oxfordshire’s secrets on the Inspector Morse, Endeavour and Lewis Tour of Oxford. Re-trace the steps of your favourite modern sleuths on this 2-hour walking tour.
Inspector Morse showed that Oxford is more than a hub of academia. It can also be a churning pot of crime and homicide. But while the TV series – and its spin-offs Endeavour and Lewis – delved into the corrupt, it also promoted the beauty of this city. Now you have the chance to explore Oxford’s famous streets, tracking down criminals among some of the TV show’s most iconic locations.
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
Learn how Oxford helped to create the iconic character Inspector Morse.
Oxford is engrained in every fibre of Morse’s being. When realising his main character, author Colin Dexter used the history and surroundings of the city to influence the personality and mannerisms of the high-brow inspector. On this tour, you will get to visit the locations that helped to form an icon.
Among these are some of the most prominent colleges and academic buildings throughout the city. Exeter College, Oriel College, Pembroke College and more have all featured as crime scenes on the TV series. Your guide will also lead you along Broad Street, a regular filming location.
Of course, all fans will know that whenever Morse needed to think about a case, he liked to mull the clues over a pint of ale. Because of this, many of Oxford’s traditional pubs have made an appearance in the TV show and its spin-offs. The Bear Inn, Turf Tavern, the White Horse Pub and more are regular haunts for the characters. There’s even a Morse-themed bar at the Randolph Hotel! And the Inspector Morse, Endeavour and Lewis Tour of Oxford will be sure to point them all out!
But there’s more to Oxford than just murder mysteries.
While your guide provides you with stories and anecdotes from behind the scenes, they’ll also share some facts about Oxford itself. This old English city is jam-packed with its own exciting history. Some of the events that have taken place here are even more exciting than those on TV!
With this tour under your belt, you’ll have everything you need to take to the streets and solve the next major crime or deceit! Or, at the very least, you’ll have a good idea of where to find a cosy pub. The perfect spot to enjoy a few drinks after an entertaining day!