Sex and the City Hotspots Tour of New York City
On this guided Sex and the City Hotspots Tour of New York City, follow in the footsteps of Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda – you’ll drink where they drank, shop where they shopped, and gossip where they gossiped. This tour includes more than 40 locations from the show, and you’ll enjoy all of it from the comfort of an indoor bus with air condition in the summer and heat in the winter.
Whether you’re a Sex and the City fan eager to learn more about your favorite show or a tourist looking for an entertaining way to see Manhattan’s best neighborhoods, the Sex and the City Hotspots tour is a must-do!
While many of the interior scenes were shot at Silver Cup Studios in Long Island City, much of the series was shot on location making New York City itself the fifth star of HBO’s Sex and the City. In addition to seeing the sites from the show and movies, you’ll also have exclusive access to special discounts.
Bookings for this tour are non-refundable and can not be cancelled or rescheduled.
From $66 per person
Covid-19 safety measures
Your safety is our top priority!
Although there are no known cases of illnesses at On Location Tours, we are responsible for keeping an active stance in preventing the spread of any diseases.
We are following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention along with Federal and State guidelines on stopping the spread. If you are feeling unwell, we kindly ask that you stay home for the safety of all customers and staff attending the tour.
Customer & Staff Protection
The daily washing and disinfecting of our vehicles encompassing the exterior and interior is standard operating procedure to ensure customers feel safe and secure.
- All high touch areas are wiped clean and disinfected including headrests, armrests, grab handles, luggage compartments, railings, windows, and window sills.
- The cabin floors are swept and mopped thoroughly, and the restroom is wiped down and disinfected.
- An air-borne germ-eliminating spray is administered inside our vehicles.
- Advanced hand sanitizer that kills more than 99.99% of common germs is provided to all customers.
- Our buses are equipped with upgraded filtration systems, a driver partition screen, and an electrostatic disinfectant fogging system that is FDA and EPA approved.
- Go on location to the trendy restaurant Buddakan where Carrie and Big had their wedding rehearsal dinner
- Take a photo in front of Carrie’s famous brownstone stoop
- Visit the Pleasure Chest where Charlotte bought her “Rabbit"
- Sip Carrie’s favorite cocktail at Onieal’s, the bar owned by Steve and Aidan as seen in the series
- See the café where Samantha invites the girls to Abu Dhabi
Magnificent Midtown Manhattan
Leaving from a classic Midtown site, the Sex and the City tour begins with glamorous Manhattan destinations. Perhaps the most famous is The Plaza Hotel, where Carrie Bradshaw said goodbye to Mr. Big and also where Mr. Big hosted his engagement party – to another girl!
Continuing down New York’s famous Fifth Avenue, we’ll people watch, window shop, and catch up on all the latest gossip, from the SATC movie to the actresses’ live and everything in between. In Midtown, you’ll also see:
- The upscale restaurant where Samantha Jones met her senior citizen millionaire
- The storied jeweler where Charlotte York picked her engagement ring
- The New York Public Library, site of the would-be wedding of Carrie and Big
- The chi-chi department store where the ladies discussed Alexander Petrovsky
- The quaint church where Samantha wooed “the Friar”
- ABC Carpet & Home, where Charlotte and Bunny McDougal fought over a bed
Greenwich Village and SoHo
For a change of scene, we’ll check out Greenwich Village and SoHo. These unique, trendy neighborhoods are home to many of the ladies’ favorite up-and-coming, little-known haunts – and we’ll give you the lowdown on the best of them!
We’ll sample cupcakes like the ones Carrie and Miranda stuffed into their mouths. Spend time walking through this beautiful area of New York and shop in one-of-a-kind boutiques along Bleecker Street. Our New York tours take you where the celebrities live, eat, and play. You’ll see:
- Carrie’s brownstone apartment stoop
- The expensive men’s clothing store where Miranda took Steve shopping for a new suit
- The shop where Charlotte bought her “Rabbit”
- Aidan’s Furniture Company
- The Bakery where Carrie and Miranda ate cupcakes
- Charlotte’s gym
- Boutiques along Bleecker Street – these could include Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Toosh, James Perse, Brunello Cucinelli, Fresh, Lulu Guinness, Creed, Mulberry, Olive and Bette, and more!
We stop for a 20-minute shopping break at the boutiques on Bleecker Street, and then we’ll refuel with a cupcake!
After your walk around historic Greenwich Village, we’ll head over to Scout, the bar Aidan and Steve opened on the show, to sip some Cosmos (if you so desire) and relax a bit.
Meat Packing District
On the Sex and the City tour, you will also pass by the Meatpacking District where you will see sites from the Sex and the City series as well as the Sex and the City: The Movie. You will see the famous modern Asian cuisine restaurant, Buddakan, where Carrie and Big’s rehearsal dinner took place in the movie. Stand in the lounge at Buddakan where Big gave Carrie her last “single girl kiss.”
Don’t miss the chance to shop where Sarah Jessica Parker modeled for the iconic designer’s clothes during a shoot for Sex and the City: The Movie at Diane Von Furstenberg. You will also pass by:
- Scoop’s stores from Sex and the City
- Don’t miss the upscale and classy clothing stores such as Stella McCartney and Jeffrey’s
- Los Dados: the Mexican restaurant where Carrie got stood up by a blind date!
Calling All Fashionistas
If you’re a fashionista like the lovely Carrie Bradshaw, look no further for details on the best department stores, boutiques, and designer shops in New York! Sometimes it seemed like the only thing Carrie did was shop, and we’ll show you some of her favorite sources. Remember Charlotte’s favorite shoe store, or the Manolos Carrie lost at her friend’s party?
As we drive around Manhattan we’ll point out the best boutiques and stores in NYC including Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Patricia Field, Lulu Guinness, Jaime Mascaro, Bergdorf Goodman, Tiffany & Co., Henri Bendel, Takashimaya, Fortunoff, Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, Diane Von Furstenberg and more!
* In an effort to stay current, we are constantly updating our tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on our site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please let your tour guide know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
There are no reviews yet.