Join fans of the hit comedy show on this fun and entertaining Derry Girls Taxi Tour of Belfast. Although the show is set in and partly filmed in Derry much of the show is actually filmed in Belfast.
With Belfast becoming a hub for the filming of high profile TV shows including Game of Thrones and Line of Duty, this tour is a great way to see the city as well as locations from the hit comedy. On tour, you will get to explore many filming locations featured in the world of Erin, her friends, and her family.
From €151 per vehicle
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
- Join the most comprehensive Derry Girls tour available
- A great way to see the main filming locations for the show
- Get behind the scenes anecdotes on how the show was made
The hit TV show is set in Derry in the early 1990s before peace broke out. The show follows the lives of four teenage Derry girls: Erin, Orla, Clare, Michelle as well as the wee English fella James.
The channel 4 comedy show films most of the scenes in Belfast with Derry being used for certain exterior shots. This makes our Derry Girls tour of Belfast an essential tour if you are a fan of the TV show.
Locations included on the tour are:
- The church interior where the miracle takes place and also where the Ukrainian teenagers come to visit ‘Derry’
- The Chip Shop the girls take Katya from Ukraine
- The photo docket shop where Gerry tried to get Mary’s birthday photos and the cafe where Erin asks out John Paul O’Reilly to the prom
- The scene where Erin’s family are stuck in traffic due to the marches
- The interior used for Dennis’s wee Shop
- Erin’s house
- The exterior of Our Lady Immaculate College that the girls attend
- Locations from Series 4
The final stop will be at Fionnula’s Fish & Chip Shop in Belfast city centre where you can enjoy lunch in the girls ‘local’ chippie. Just make sure you don’t take the notice board.