Check in at Irish Tour Tickets Shop, 10 Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT2 7BA (facing the Grand Opera House).
Recreate your favourite scenes from the Seven Kingdoms on the Game of Thrones Tour with Giant’s Causeway. Experience the real-life Westeros on this journey through the iconic settings that offer the backdrops to the epic TV series.
On top of that, visit some of Northern Ireland’s famous historical landmarks. All from the comfort of a luxury coach. With your local Maester tour guide on-hand, you’ll discover the key GOT filming locations throughout Northern Ireland.
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
First, you’ll take in Carnlough, the setting for the city of Braavos, where Arya Stark fought the Waif. Then, make your way to Cushendun Caves, where Melisandre brought the Shadow Assassin to life.
Afterwards, you will visit Larrybane, the site of Renly Baratheon’s camp. Here you will also get a chance to cross the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, a proud piece of Northern Irish heritage.
This bus tour also makes a stop at Dunluce Castle. A 17th-century structure built on a cliff edge, it looks as though it came straight from George RR Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire. So much so that it was used for the exterior shots of the House of Greyjoy! This is a great spot to dress up in some Game of Thrones inspired costumes and take some memorable holiday snaps!
Of course, no Game of Thrones tour would be complete without a visit to the Dark Hedges. The canopy of interlocking trees along this road made it the perfect location for the King’s Road. It has since become an iconic and instantly recognizable backdrop.
Another great feature of this tour is a visit to Giant’s Causeway. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this area is famous for its 40,000 basalt pillars and is connected to much of the local history and legends.
And, if all of that wasn’t enough, this tour also takes a trip through the picturesque seaside town, Ballycastle. While not featured in GOT, it still has an important connection to the show. This is the home town of actors Conleth Hill (Lord Varys) and Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark).
The Game of Thrones Tour with Giant's Causeway allows you to explore and learn about the landscapes that bring Westeros to life on-screen. It is the perfect adventure for any GOT fan who wants to follow in the footsteps of the Starks, Lannisters, and Greyjoys!