Re-live a modern love story on the Gavin & Stacey Locations Tour. Come see what’s occurring in Stacey West’s hometown, Barry Island.
Spanning over two countries, Gavin and Stacey tells the story of true romance, and how it knows no bounds. It follows the story of two young lovers who overcome distance, cultural differences and toll bridges in order to follow their hearts’ desires. Now you can see the sites where it all happened, and enjoy a trip to the seaside while you’re at it!
From €35 per person
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
- See Gwen and Stacey's home and see where Nessa proposes to Smithy
- Go inside the church where Neil is christened and where Vanessa ‘Shanessa’ Jenkins nearly gets married to Dave Coaches
- Win a small prize in our Gavin and Stacey quiz!
- See where Nessa works as a mime artist
- Stop off at the caravan site where Nessa and Dave live with Neil the baby
See all of the Barry Island filming locations on this mini coach tour!
While it isn’t Dave’s Coaches, you’ll be escorted the seaside town by an expert tour guide. They will be able to show you all of the memorable sites and settings, and even tell you some tales from behind the scenes. And, to make sure the fun never stops, they’ll also quiz you on your Gavin and Stacey knowledge. Make sure to do your research too, because there’s a prize at the end for the winner!
You’ll get to see all the famous locations. Like the street where Gwen and Bryn live. There’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to get a quick omelette to go, but you can definitely grab a snack at Marco’s Coffee and Ice Cream Bar. You might recognise this as the cafe where Stacey worked.
The Gavin and Stacey Locations Tour also makes a stop at the local church. This is the setting for many of the show’s biggest events, like Neil’s christening and Nessa’s wedding. You’ll also get to visit the caravan where Nessa and Dave lived. This was also the base of operations for Nessa’s fortune-telling business.
There are many locations by the Barry seafront too!
You’ll get to see the town square where Nessa tries to make money as a living statue. And the spot along the promenade where she sets up her Santa’s grotto in the Christmas special. This is also the pick-up/drop-off point for Dave’s Coaches.
Also along the promenade, you’ll visit the Island Leisure Amusement Centre. This is yet another of Nessa’s workplaces. You’ll even have the chance to sit in her chair, and maybe even sing a verse of Islands in the Stream!
Finally, you can enjoy some ice cream, or even a Smithy-sized portion of fish and chips, and gaze out over the sea. Just like the four main characters did at the end of the TV series’ finale. Tidy!