Explore a city full of mysteries on the Poirot London Locations Tour by Black Taxi. Follow in the footsteps of one of the world’s most prolific detectives on this fully-guided tour.
Since he first appeared on the page in 1920, Hercule Poirot has gone on to be one of the most popular of London’s literary sleuths. He stands out and draws in audiences with his peculiar methods, his quirky Belgian mannerisms, and, of course, his distinctive moustache. The character’s fanbase grew when he was brought to life on the small screen in 1989. As a result, London is now packed-full of iconic filming locations just waiting to be discovered!
From €398 per vehicle
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
- Visit over 20 locations featured in more than 20 episodes of the show in the City of London, Westminster, Mayfair and Bloomsbury
- Get a picture outside Whitehaven Mansions, the home of Hercule Poirot
- Explore areas of London most commonly featured in the more recent screen adaptations of Poirot and discover the history of the locations used in Poirot productions
- See the statue of Poirot author Agatha Christie and where the longest continually running stage production is still on
On this tour, you’ll be driven through London by an expert tour guide. They’ll bring you down winding streets and little-known shortcuts to find the most famous Poirot locations in the city. They’ve already done the detective work, so all you have to do is sit back and relax. While you travel, your driver will also offer up some fun Poirot trivia and tales from behind the scenes.
A location that every Poirot fan is sure to recognise is Florin Court. This upscale apartment block featured as Whitehaven Mansions during the Belgian detective’s on-screen adventures. It was here that Poirot lived in his decadent, 1930s-style abode. The building’s curved facade is a prominent feature of Art Deco architecture.
And that’s not the only piece of fine architecture that you’ll visit on this tour! Many of Poirot’s mysteries took place in some of the most spectacular buildings throughout London. You’ll be sure to stop at the neoclassical Victoria House, the Russian-designed Highpoint I in Highgate, and many more!
Of course, the world would never have been graced with the magnificent Hercule Poirot if it were not for the equally fantastic Agatha Christie. The famed author gave life to the eccentric detective in her novel The Mysterious Affair at Styles. And the Poirot London Locations Tour by Black Taxi makes sure to pay homage to the character’s creator. On your trip through London, you’ll pay a visit to the Agatha Christie memorial in Covent Garden. The statue celebrates all of Christie’s works, both literary and for the stage.
Your tour will end right in the middle of the West End, London’s famed theatre district. Strolling along the streets you might even find a production of The Mousetrap. Created by Agatha Christie, it is the longest-running theatre show in the world!