See where the scenic meets the sinister on the Midsomer Murders Locations Tour from London. Explore the rolling countryside that has been the stage of many TV crimes for over 20 years.
Since 1997, Midsomer Murders has proved that rural communities aren’t as crime-free and easy-going as people might think. Secret killers are likely to pop up in all manner of stately manors, quaint cottages, or the local cosy tavern. Now you can roam through the picturesque settings the feature as the backdrops for countless bloody crimes.
From €71 per person
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
- Visit DCI Tom Barnaby’s hometown of Causton
- Visit locations from over 20 episodes of Midsomer
- Explore the Midsomer village also used in other famous productions including Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and The Vicar of Dibley
Take a trip through some of England’s most verdant villages.
Leaving from London, this tour will guide you through several English counties, including Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire. These have been the filming locations for Midsomer Murders for more than two decades. Their relaxed and idyllic atmospheres work in stark contrast to the high-drama storylines of the TV series.
One of the main attractions on the Midsomer Murders Locations Tour from London is Wallingford. This Oxfordshire town on the banks of the Thames regularly features as Causton, the home of DCI Barnaby. Diehard fans should recognise the Wallingford streets and buildings. You might even see a few familiar faces, as the locals often work as extras in the production.
But Wallingford can’t lay claim to all of the Causton glory. The town of Thame also lends a few of its buildings to the fictional village. Most notable is the Thame town hall, a regular Causton filming location.
Another regular filming location throughout the years has been Mapledurham House. The estate has represented many different locations in many different episodes. Most recently it featured as a health spa. Needless to say, it has also been the setting of many mystery killings.
Another hub of murderous activity over the years has been Turville, a village in Buckinghamshire. But Midsomer Murders is not Turville’s only claim to fame. It has featured in many small and big-screen productions. You’ll be sure to recognise some of its settings from the Vicar of Dibley, Goodnight Mr. Tom, and even Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Other rural locations used in the TV show include Warbourough, Dorchester-on-Thames, the Chilterns, and more. Whether it’s historic architecture, thatched-roof pubs, or just rolling green hills, each offers a unique backdrop. Throughout the tour, your guide will be sure to point out all of the notable scenes shot in these areas. They’ll also provide you with some anecdotes from behind the scenes, revealing some of the mysteries behind this long-running whodunnit!