Follow in the pawprints of a British icon on the Paddington Bear London Locations Walking Tour. Visit the locations that have featured in this bear’s life for over 50 years.
Coming to London from far away Peru, Paddington has since been embarking on journeys that have entertained audiences for generations. His hijinks and (mis)adventures have made him an iconic character beloved by many. Now you can explore Paddington’s London. See the sites that have shaped his life through over 20 books, TV cartoons, and two hugely successful movies.
From €17 per person
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
- Stop at Mr Gruber’s antiques shop
- Go to the world-famous Portobello Market
- Spot Paddington Bear at Paddington station!
- Venture off-the-beaten-track to find lesser known and picturesque parts of London
Start at the very beginning: Paddington Station.
This is the first stop on your tour that will visit London’s iconic Paddington locations. Mr and Mrs Brown, Paddington’s guardians, named him after this station after finding him waiting on the platform. Here, you’ll get the chance to grab a picture with a statue depicting this scene. A lonely bear, having just finished one long journey, waiting for another to begin. You’ll also get to drop into the Paddington shop. The perfect place to buy some souvenirs.
From here you’ll travel throughout the city, tracking down every marmalade-covered pawprint that your favourite bear has left behind. You’ll see Mr Gruber’s antique shop, where the Browns bring Paddington in his first big-screen adventure. Situated on Portobello Road, the real-life location is Alice’s Antiques. This long-standing establishment is probably as old as some of the goods that it stocks.
The Browns’ Windsor Garden residence is another popular Paddington attraction. The real house is located in Chalcot Crescent, Primrose Hill. In one of the more high-class and scenic neighbourhoods of London, Paddington really lucked out on his digs!
The Paddington Bear London Locations Walking Tour will also be sure to bring you to the Church of St. Mary. Here you’ll find another statue of Paddington. This time he is in the arms of his creator Michael Bond.
Another notable London location from Paddington’s adventures is the Natural History Museum.
Here he meets Millicent Clyde, the devious taxidermist played by Nicole Kidman. Millicent Clyde’s house is also a popular photo stop. It’s on Downshire Hill in Hampstead.
There’s also the Reform Club in Pall Mall. Among the memorable settings from this location are the striking designs of the tiled floors and corridors. But none are more unforgettable than the images of Hugh Bonneville’s Mr Brown pretending to be a cleaning lady.
The Paddington Bear London Locations Walking Tour offers a fun day visiting the most picturesque parts of the city. Just make sure you’ve packed enough marmalade sandwiches!