Please arrive 15 minutes before departure at the Central Station Bewick Street (Stand N) bus stop.
Join us for the ultimate Vera TV show experience on the Vera Half-Day Tour of Newcastle Locations. Explore the locations where the series was filmed on a four-hour coach tour, and experience some of Newcastle and Tyneside Coast’s biggest attractions.
One of ITV’s most popular dramas has attracted quite an audience since Vera Stanhope (Brenda Blethyn) first came to our screens. The Vera Half-Day Tour of Newcastle Locations lets fans follow in Vera’s footsteps as they visit some memorable scenes filmed in the Newcastle setting, which includes familiar crimes scenes featured across the series.
From €42 per person
Covid-19 safety measures
As it has always been, the health & safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure you travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around Covid-19 continues to evolve. We have officially been given the green light and Good to Go accreditation by Visit Britain & Visit England, so we can now operate safely keeping you & our team healthy throughout. WE have a detailed plan to do so, issued below:
Brit Movie Tours recognises their responsibility to ensure that staff & suppliers (as well as guests) comply with health & safety legislation and maximise the safety of our clients & staff in relation to Covid-19.
In brief, we are making sure that all vehicles are cleaned to the highest standards, that all staff are trained (and re-trained when emerging or evolving information determines) and are provided with the right knowledge and equipment to carry out their duties effectively. Our new protocols to keep you healthy during our tours include:
- Flexible booking options
- Full internal sanitation/cleaning of all coach and taxi vehicles used on our tours
- Social distancing rules & guidelines for walking tours
- Complete staff & guide training to implement new protocols
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ visited on tour and any specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
The result is a sanitised attraction but certainly not a sanitised experience! You are here to enjoy our fabulous tours, discover new places & experience an authentic destination. We believe that our new introductions to hygiene/cleaning will allow you to enjoy your visit to the full.
We feel it vitally important to have a strict cleaning protocol in place and that this is transparent.
- See more than 10 memorable murder scenes and regular haunts from the show in and around Newcastle
- Stop for a panoramic shot of Newcastle with its iconic seven bridges that are the backdrop to many of Vera’s episodes
- Get behind the scenes information about how the show is made and learn about the history of the places you visit
Upon arrival in the centre of Newcastle Upon Tyne, you’ll board a coach which will take you to over ten filming locations for the Vera Half-Day Tour of Newcastle Locations. DCI Vera Stanhope’s Police Station was set and filmed in Newcastle, vastly changing the City’s reputation being known for its industrial environment. A raft of gruesome murders took place across some of Northumberland’s beachside areas, and parts of the tour include great views of these crime-scenes.
Vera fans will indulge in some of the most memorable scenes from the shows well-known episodes such as A certain Samaritan, Changing Tides, The Prodigal Son, Shadows in the Sky, Castles in the Air and Death of a Family Man. Spanning a total of nine seasons (with a tenth on the way), even the most dedicated fans won’t realise how many of the same locations were re-used for various scenes across the series.
Visit the filming location of the Shadows in the Sky episode where the victim plunges from the peak of a multi-storey car-park. Explore the area from Death of a Family Man where the body was recovered after it was discovered in the Tyne. You might also like to view where The Sea Glass scene was filmed showcasing the fishing trawler with a corpse waiting to be found.
You will get several photo opportunities throughout the tour to leave the coach and get a closer look at where each scene was filmed.